If you need full-time care in a hospital, rest home or residential treatment programme, you may be able to get support through Work and Income.

There are residential care subsidies and loans available for people 65 and over who need to be in a rest home or private hospital indefinitely.

People under 65 are eligible for this funding and the Community Costs Payment (which can be used for costs like childcare or rent).

If your partner is in residential care or has been in a public hospital for over 13 weeks, you may be able to get a Special Disability Allowance to help with the extra costs.

Find out more about residential care on the Work and Income website external URL .